Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes – Shrimp Tacos
Friday July 11, 2008see more by jen
1 lb of large shrimp (the frozen bag from Trader Joe’s are yummy and EASY)
Small tin of diced green chilies
Head of lettuce
1 White Onion
Hot Sauce or Salsa
1 bag of Corn Tortillas
1 x packet of Taco Seasoning
1 Ripe avocado
1. Sauté the shrimp in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil, when cooked add in the tin of diced green chilies
2. Add about 1/2 the packet of the seasoning mix
3. Take the head of lettuce and cut in half and then cut the lettuce into really thin slivers
4. Cut the onion into thin slices also
5. Cut the limes into small wedges
6. In another skillet heat about a cup of canola oil until very hot. You can test if it is ready by putting the edge of a tortilla into the oil. If it immediately bubbles, you are good to go.
7. Take a corn tortilla and place into the hot oil. It will start bubbling. Then take some kitchen tongs and fold it in half and cook until it starts to get a little bit brown and crispy looking (you can do two tortillas at a time). In a colander put some paper towels and as each tortilla is ready stand them up in the colander to drain.
8. When they are done, take a tortilla shell and in the bottom place a layer of shrimp, then a layer of cheese, then lettuce, then onion, then sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of hot sauce or salsa and add some salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime.
9. Serve with Mexican rice and beans if desired (oh, yeah, and a margarita too!)