Yummy Spinach & Turkey Enchiladas
Tuesday October 14, 2008see more by jen
This recipe is from the kitchen of my mother-in-law Doris (a.k.a. Oma in our house!) Super easy and very yummy. Makes for great leftovers too!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups Picante salsa (mild, medium or hot – divide use)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin (divided use)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or less to taste
- 1 (8 ounce box) light cream-cheese, cubed
- 12 flour tortillas (7 inch), warmed
- 1(14½ ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, black olives, diced avocados, sour cream
1. In large skillet cook turkey until no longer pink, breaking it into small pieces.
2. Add 1 cup of the Picante sauce, the spinach, 1½ teaspoon of the cumin and salt (if desired)
3. Cook and stir 5 min. or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add cream-cheese, stirring just until melted.
5. Spoon about ½ cup filling down center of each warmed tortilla; roll up and place seam-side down in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
6. Combine tomatoes and remaining 1 cup Picante sauce and ½ teaspoon cumin. Spoon over enchiladas.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. or until hot.
8. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; return to oven 2 min. Top as desired.
Hey mamas! Have an easy recipe to share? Send me your easy recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org with RECIPE in the subject line, and one of these posts can be from your kitchen :-)!