Wednesday November 5, 2008see more by jen
1 1/2 lb ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
3/4 cup Quaker oats
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix lightly, but thoroughly.
3. Press meatloaf mixture into an 8 x 4 loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
4. Pour ketchup and sprinkle bacon bits on top.
5. Bake uncovered about 1 hour.
6. Remove, cover with foil and let stand about 5 minutes.
7. Drain off any juices before slicing.
I serve this with Trader Joe’s mashed potatoes which are SO good and SO easy considering they are instant. Buy them in the frozen section. They are in a red bag, and called “Lamb Weston Inland Valley” Homestyle Mashed Potatoes. See link above for a picture.
So, make your meatloaf, micro your mashed potatoes (or make the real deal if you are a better cook than me!), micro some frozen peas and voila…homestyle dinner that is quick and easy! You can use the leftovers to make meatloaf sandwiches.
Gals, I really want your easy recipes! Send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org with RECIPE in the subject line. Thank you!