Thursday July 23, 2009see more by jen
* 1 lb large raw shrimp (I buy the bag of uncooked, tail off shrimp from Trader Joe’s in the frozen section)
* 2 Tsp. crushed garlic
* 1/3 cup white wine
* 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 1 Tsp. basil
* Pasta of your choice (I like the whole wheat spaghetti noodles)
* Green salad
1. Wash shrimp (and peel & devein if needed)
2. Cook pasta and set aside, make salad and chill
3. In a large saucepan, heat about 1 Tbsp. olive oil until sizzling over medium high heat. Add shrimp and garlic and cook for 3 – 5 minutes (be careful to not overcook the shrimp)
4. Sprinkle with salt & pepper
5. Add wine and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook about 30 seconds (add a little more wine than 1/3 cup if you want a little extra sauce)
6. Add 1 Tsp. basil leaves & lemon juice.
7. Cook 1 more minute or until shrimp is done.
Serve over pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese and yummy green salad on the side! Bon appetit!