Easy Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Wednesday August 5, 2009see more by jen
I know it isn’t the time of year you typically think of making beef stew, but this was so easy to make, I had to post it! I had to get creative with low-carb, high protein recipes on the gestational diabetes diet and this one was pretty tasty. Best part about crock pot recipes is you can make it in the AM and then forget about it for the day. Then when dinner time rolls around at the end of the day and you are tired, it’s ready go!
Here is the recipe…
* 2 lbs. boneless beef, cubed, trimmed of fat (I bought the stew beef already in cubes and trimmed – very easy)
* 4 – 6 celery ribs, sliced
* 6 – 8 medium carrots, sliced
* 6 medium potatoes, cubed, unpeeled
* 2 medium onions, sliced
* 28-oz. can of tomatoes
* 1/4 cup minute tapioca
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1/2 tsp. dried basil or oregano
* 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 -10 hours.
Doesn’t get much easier than that!