French Toast with Raspberry, Chocolate & Cream Cheese – YUM!
Friday February 12, 2010see more by jen
Happy heart day weekend everyone! I was perusing around online to find a fun breakfast idea for Sunday morning and happened upon this recipe for French Toast with Raspberry, Chocolate & Cream Cheese. Yes please! I have done the heart shaped pancakes many times before, so I thought this would be a super fun one to try out. Here is the recipe…
Ingredients (serves 2)
6 slices bread
3 teaspoons raspberry jam
3 tablespoons softened cream cheese
1-2 teaspoon mini chocolate chip
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon oil
confectioners’ sugar (to garnish)
1. With a heart shape cookie cutter cut 6 slices of bread.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese on 3 of the slices. Sprinkle on the cheese 1/3 of the chips on each pressing in lightly.
3. Spread 1 teaspoon raspberry jam on each of the other 3 slices bread. Top these on to the cream cheese halves, pressing together to adhere.
4. Mix eggs, milk, extracts, salt, and cinnamon together. Place the sandwiches into the egg mixture and flipping till all is absorbed.
5. In a hot pan heat butter and oil. Fry toast till golden brown and flip to finish browning other side.
6. Continue cooking stove top or in a 350 degree oven till desired doneness.
7. Top with sugar, syrup, and or fresh berries.
Sooooo YUMMY! Enjoy your romantic weekends everyone and Happy Valentine’s Day! I have some awesome, fabulous giveaways next week, make sure to check back. You won’t want to miss them! xoxo