Halibut with Orzo, Spinach & Cherry Tomatoes
Wednesday March 10, 2010see more by jen
I haven’t posted a recipe in forever so I thought this one sounded good & healthy! My friend Jenny sent it to me, it is one of her favs. You can find this yummy recipe (and image) on Epicurious.com.
Baked Halibut with Orzo, Spinach & Cherry Tomatoes
(Makes 2 servings)
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 – 6 to 7-ounce halibut fillets
1 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups (packed) baby spinach
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Whisk 2 tablespoons oil and lemon juice in bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper.
3. Place halibut on rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with some of dressing.
4. Bake until just opaque in center, about 12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite; drain.
6. Add 2 tablespoons oil and garlic to same saucepan; sauté over medium heat 1 minute.
7. Add drained pasta, spinach, and tomatoes; stir to coat.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
9. Cover; let stand 1 minute (spinach will wilt).
10. Divide pasta between 2 plates.
11. Top with halibut and remaining dressing.