Wordless Wednesday – Oh Keratin, How I Love You

A couple weeks ago I got the Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment by Coppola done by Tera Rae Stephens at Ty Alexander Salon in Newport Beach. I am not being dramatic when I tell you that I love it so much it makes me want to cry! It is a busy mom’s dream. Takes me 3 minutes 43 seconds to dry my hair. I timed it.  No more flat iron either.

I am planning an entire post with the step-by-step and befores and afters in the next couple weeks. Stay tuned.

If you can’t wait for my next post and need to call Tera today to RUN and get this done, she can be reached at 714.614.5588. You can also find her here on Facebook.

Check out more Wordless Wednesday pics over at Angry Julie Monday!

{Disclosure: Tera is my hair stylist and does my normal cut and color.  Love, love, love, love, love, love, love her.  I received this Keratin treatment free of charge, however, this post and my upcoming post are in no way compensated. To say I love it is an understatement.  Just ask my friends and family who have not gotten me to shut up about it! }

Kristal says:

Hi Jen! I just had the treatment done yestrday and Im so glad you liked it! Ive heard nothing book good things so Im pretty excited about it. Only bummer is I have to wait 3 whole days to wash it! But I cant wait to not have frizzy hair by the beac or take forever straightening it with a flat iron everyday. Take care!

• 2

You will TOTALLY love it! The magic happens after you wash it! You won’t believe how much it cuts down your blow drying time and to not have to spend SO much time flat ironing is a GIFT! LOVE IT!

Nicole M. says:

How much does the Keratin treatment typically cost? I had the Brazilian Blowout which cost $250 and lasts up to 12 weeks. I heard the Keratin treatment lasts up to 6 months?

• 4

Supposed to last 3 – 5 months depending on how often you wash it. The less you wash, the longer it lasts. I am trying to wash mine on average about 3 times a week to extend it. I think it is supposed to be better than the Brazilian Blowout. I will have Tera respond too with her two cents!

Tera Stephens says:

I charge $300 and it lasts 3-5 mo. Many of my client redo it around the 4 month mark when they notice their old texture starting to return. It also has a cumulative affect so if you redo before it is completely gone, it begins to layer on your hair making it even smoother than your first treatment!

pam says:

I had this done last week. IT IS A LIFE CHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have longish hair that I blew out section by section then flat ironed if I had time – or it was just up in a pony all the time! This has made it so easy and fast to have hair that looks good (better than it every looked – even when I tried!) Can’t say enough about i!

Carmen says:

I Love it!!!

Alysha says:

I really love that you posted about this. I have really curly hair, and though I love it, it is also my worst nightmare. I have been looking into getting this treatment done and will definitely keep in mind this person since I am just down the street(or a few exits down the freeway) 🙂 Happy Wednesday!

kara-noel says:

Awesome! Another friend of mine just got one. I was thinking about it too. I have straight hair but I thought it would be good for air drying too. Thoughts?