Thursday July 7, 2011see more by jen
This post is more than a year overdue but I firmly believe things work out the way they are supposed to and I feel in my gut that now is the right time! And I am hoping that this opportunity might come at the right time for someone reading this too!
With my 3 year blog anniversary coming up next month and a BRAND spanking new (SUPER CUTE) redesign in the making (coming soon!) I have lots of new amazing advertising opportunities available for local OC businesses. and that’s where I need help!
I am looking for someone to help me with advertising sales and account management so we can GROW our Tiny Oranges tree and take it to the next level!
When thinking about where I would find this person, my first thought was, I need to do a post, because preferably this person will be someone who already knows, reads and (ideally) loves my blog! Because when you believe in and have a passion for what you are selling it is contagious! So, here is my official “help wanted” ad…
Part-time / Flexible Sales & Account Manager Needed
Tiny Oranges is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual looking for a home-based, part-time, flexible position to assist in sales and account management.
If you are interested, please send me an email at email@example.com and tell me a little about yourself, your current situation and why you think this position would be a GREAT fit for you.
If an updated resume is available, send it over! I will then select a list of people to meet in person for an informal “interview” hopefully starting next week.
This person would work closely with me and help in the following areas:
* Advertising Sales: Contact potential advertisers and communicate with incoming sales inquiries on Tiny Oranges ad programs and pricing
* Account Management: Communicate with current advertisers on ad renewals, special promotions, & main blog posts
* Contracts: Prepare ad agreements for new advertisers and renewal contracts for existing advertisers
* Billing: Track advertiser payments
* Ad Administration: Upload graphics, maintain calendar on renewal dates & schedule of advertiser blog posts
* Blogging: Opportunities for writing posts available if you are interested
We think that this position might be a good fit for someone who lives in Orange County and…
* Has approximately 15 hours a week available (kid-free!) and is looking to do a something “on the side”
* Is a stay-at-home parent motivated to earn some additional money and is comfortable with a commission-only structure
* Is outgoing and would enjoy sharing Tiny Oranges with potential new advertisers
* Has experience in sales and/or marketing
* Is motivated to keep resume up to date
Qualifications / Requirements
* Able to commit to a 3-month trial period and then to one year after trial period has ended
* Quick learner, on the ball, go-getter
* Strong computer skills
* Excellent written skills
* Great communication skills
* Work hours and days are totally flexible, but must check Tiny Oranges email daily and commit to responding to emails within 24 hours
* Willing to devote an initial time period of approximately 4 – 6 hours for in-person training side by side with me and monthly sales meetings lasting approximately 1 – 2 hours (unpaid – but I will feed you and we will have a good time – promise!)
* PR opportunities for product reviews and attendance at fun events as I cannot personally attend to everything. LOTS of fun stuff to share with readers comes our way and I would love to share those opportunities with you.
* High commission structure
* Opportunity to gain experience in online publishing and social media
* Networking! Great opportunities to meet and network with other OC bloggers and companies.
* Income related to time invested: The more you put in, the more you will get out!
* Opportunities for growth
* Fun work environment
I will make it fun for you! Promise. I believe in work / life balance. Promise. And I “get” that you have kids. Promise! I am right there with you!
EMAIL ME if you are interested! XOXO Jen