Our Top 5 Orange County Parks
Monday January 16, 2012see more by jen
I wanted to do a post on our Top 5 Orange County parks in case anyone might be looking for a fabulous new park to visit on this holiday (weather permitting!)
And of course, for the most comprehensive, awesome site to visit for information on OC parks and playgrounds, visit my friend Michele’s blog, FunOrangeCountyParks.com.
Here are my Top 5 Picks:
1. Bluebird Park Laguna Beach – Hands down my absolute favorite park in Orange County. A must visit. Worth the drive!
2. Irvine Terrace Park Corona del Mar – Beautiful, peek-a-boo views of Newport Harbor. Great equipment for all ages.
3. Dinosaur Park Laguna Hills – Unique attractions like “fossils” and a huge dinosaur skeleton for the kiddos to explore.
4. Castle Park Irvine – The kids love the huge castle that they can run around. Fab winter park, gets toasty in the summer.
5. Balboa Pier Playground – Love this “smack on the sand” playground. This is a multifaceted outing…in one trip you can hit the playground, walk out on the pier to get a shake at Ruby’s Diner, explore and get in a game of skee ball at the Balboa Fun Zone, even take the ferry over to Balboa Island in the same trip.
PLEASE do comment below on your absolute favorite OC parks to visit – I always love new playgrounds to explore. Have a super fun day of play everyone!