Get to Know Your Teacher Questionnaire

One of my friends asked her teacher friends what they appreciated most from parents when starting a new school year.

One of them said that a parent had her fill out a “Get to Know Your Teacher Questionnaire” of all her favorite things.

I thought this was BRILLIANT!

So I put together my own questionnaire this year to give to our teachers, and will distribute the answers to all the parents in our class.

I love that we will know what Starbucks drink to buy them as a special treat or their favorite mani / pedi spot.

I plan to have our preschool teachers fill it out too. I just love this idea!

You can download my questionnaire HERE.  Feel free to comment if you have more ideas on questions to add…

[Photo credit:  2010 Cherrysweetdeal, Flickr]

Kristal says:

What an fabulous idea!! I definetly want to do this for my kids teachers.

• 2

Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm on this! Our teachers work so hard and I love the idea of being able to give them special treats throughout the year to show how much we appreciate them!

Melanie says:

Our preschool does this to share with the room moms. Such a great idea! We are so busy asking teachers questions about our kids, its nice to show we care about them too.

Dina says:

Perfect for Room Moms!
    Thanks so much!

Amber k says:

Agreed! This is wonderful for room moms-definitely going to use this, thank you!! :o)

Squeal! So happy everyone can use this!

Brooke says:

Thank you SO much for sharing this idea. As a professor I just started to share a bit about myself with my incoming students in their “Welcome Email” but hadn’t thought about obtaining similar information from my children’s teachers (in PreK and K). I thought I would share a Prezi presentation I created for my students to view. You are welcome to check it out.

• 8
      jen says:

Brooke – that is SO darling! I love it!

I would have loved for my professors in college to have shared more about themselves with me. Love this!

I am so happy you can maybe use the questionnaire with your kids PreK and K teachers.

Thanks for your comment!

Brooke says:

I would love to also “pin” your questionnaire as I have many parents and future teachers who follow me.

• 10
      jen says:

Please do!!! There is a “Pin It” button at the bottom of the post. I appreciate it very much!

Brooke says:

Found it! Thank you!

Lisa says:

I’m SOOOOOOO doing this!

Ladies, I just had a thought. I might need to make an “I heart my wife” questionnaire to fill out for husbands…
    ! Ha!

Chantel says:

Omg wife questionare…love it Jen!! Also thank you for this teacher questionare too!!

• 15
      jen says:

No more, “UHHH, I didn’t know what to get you…” – Refer to the questionnaire dear!!! LOL

Chantel says:

Questionaire* oops

mazeyrat says:

waou, how I wish i had your children in my class!!! 😉

I love it!!! and as a former teacher I think it is a fabulous idea!!!

This is awesome! Last year our new principal told our room moms we weren’t allowed to give the teacher a questionaire and distribute it. Can you believe that! I your download will make the perfect secret questionaire this year. 🙂

• 20

What!?! That is ridiculous! Yes, do a secret one – every teacher deserves to know how much they are appreciated!

Donna Coto says:

I love this! Gave it to my son’s Pre-K teachers this morning. Looking forward to surprising them throughout the school year with something that they will enjoy!

• 22
      jen says:

So happy you could use it!

Aimee says:

LOVE IT! Searching the web over for one of these, so thank you!! Lots of questions I hadn’t even thought of.

Favorite Sports Team, Favorite Season & Favorite Holiday are a few I plan on adding to my questionnaire. (And maybe even an “I absolutely do not like …” 😉

Great list, though! Thanks!!