I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, and now that it is over, I am sure many of you are thinking of things to do in OC over Winter Break, so I wanted to give a list of a few outing for kids! What are you doing today? Any more ideas? Please share!
1. Discovery Science Center – Hands on interactive children’s museum in Santa Ana. Their fabulous Science of Gingerbread exhibit is going on through January 6th. You will not believe what can be created using gingerbread and candy. Pretty spectacular.
2. OC Great Park and Balloon Ride – Irvine – FREE!
3. Disney California Adventure – If you haven’t been to see the new Cars Land yet, this is one place you should race to!
4. SoCo Farmers’ Market – Saturdays 9am – 2pm in Costa Mesa
5. Bluebird Park – Our favorite park in OC in Laguna Beach
6. Bowers Kidseum – Children’s cultural museum in Santa Ana. Fridays from 10:30 – 12pm have storytelling, music and art for ages 2 -6. And lots of other fun events, check website for details.
7. Irvine Park Railroad / Irvine Regional Park – Beautiful expansive park and train rides in the foothills of Orange
8. Balboa Island Fun Zone / Ferry – Balboa Peninsula and Balboa Island
9. Pretend City – Amazing children’s museum in Irvine. If you have non-napping children, go after lunch for less crowds. Fun New Year’s Eve party for OC kids happening on 12/31 from 10am – 1pm.
10. Frogg’s Bounce House – Open jump times every day in Fountain Valley. Plus, free WIFI for parents. Plant yourself on your tablet on a couch while your kids go NUTS!
11. Bowlmor – Bowling at The District Tustin
12. Irvine Terrace Park – Second favorite OC park of ours in Corona del Mar
13. Zoomars Petting Zoo – San Juan Capistrano
14. Irvine Spectrum – Great shopping and fabulous carousel, train rides and ferris wheel rides for kids in Irvine
15. Peter and Mary Muth Interpretive Center – Amazing (FREE) nature center in Newport Back Bay
16. Duffy Boat Ride – Newport Beach – Would be an incredible outing to see all of the lights on the homes this time of year.
17. Strand Vista Park – Dana Point
18. Dana Point Ocean Institute
19. Centennial Farm – Costa Mesa Fairgrounds
20. Old Towne Orange
21. Scooter’s Jungle – Aliso Viejo. Toddler Time Open Jump times for those 6 and under and other Open Jump times for all ages. Click here for schedule.
22. Santa Ana Zoo – Small + cute + inexpensive!
23. Crystal Cove Beach Cottages / Tide Pools – Crystal Cove State Park
24. Atlantis Play Center – Garden Grove
25. Kellogg House at Heritage Museum of Orange County – Santa Ana
26. Jump Sky High – Trampoline place in Costa Mesa
27. Huntington Beach Public Library – Fabulous kids’ section + story times
28. Environmental Nature Center (ENC) – Newport Beach
29. Ice Skating! Visit Plan a Day out for a list of Orange County ice skating rinks.
30. Roller Skating in OC
31. Mission San Juan Capistrano – Take your kids to visit Orange County’s only mission
32. UltraStar Cinemas Kidtoons – G-rated family entertainment every Saturday and Sunday at 10:30am for only $2.50 admission at the GardenWalk in Anaheim.
33. Boomers Irvine – $12 Buck Days Tuesdays & Thursdays get you unlimited video games.
Things to Do with Kids in OC Resources
And, for more local sites with incredible information on things to do with kids in OC, check out:
Happy Winter Break mamas!