20 ideas of things to do with kids in OC
Monday January 21, 2013see more by jen
Since it is a beautiful holiday Monday, I wanted to give you a list of ideas of things to do with your kids today in OC.
1. Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day at Pretend City Children’s Museum – 10am – 3pm. In the morning, kids can create a wreath of hands to celebrate the similarities and differences of various cultures. In the afternoon, children will write or draw pictures of their dreams on clouds, adding to the decor of Dr. King’s Dream Birthday Cake.
2. Visit Strand Vista Beach in Dana Point
3. Go to Ruby’s Shake Shack for lunch and enjoy the gorgeous ocean views while sipping on a yummy shake then walk around the historic Crystal Cove Beach Cottages below. 7703 E. Coast Highway, Newport Coast
[Photo credit: Ruby’s]
4. Take the ferry and bike or walk around Balboa Island.
5. Go to Frogg’s Bounce House. Bring your tablet and enjoy free Wifi on the couches while your kids jump, jump, jump.
6. Rent a surrey and bike around Irvine Regional Park.
7. Visit the Santa Ana Zoo.
8. Take the kids ice skating at the Irvine Spectrum.
9. Visit the Newport Beach Environmental Nature Center and take a nature walk.
10. Pack your sand toys and visit this lovely Lido Playground.
11. Take your kids to make a homemade creation at Color Me Mine in Metro Pointe. They open early at 9am on Monday, and if you go between 9am – 10am, the paint fee is only $3 for both kids and adults.
12. Go to Boomers! Irvine, open for special hours today from 10am – 9pm.
13. Visit ZOOMARS Petting Zoo, then walk around historic San Juan Capistrano.
14. Bring your kid’s bikes, scooters, or roller skates and let them ride around on the huge oceanfront blacktop off 14th Street on the Newport Beach peninsula.There is also a darling, beachfront playground at this location as well.
16. Turn your day into an underwater adventure by exploring the Aquarium of the Pacific.
17. Take a hike! Check out this awesome blog on 5 family friendly hikes in Orange County on Fun Orange County Parks.
18. Pack a picnic lunch and visit Bluebird Park in Laguna Beach ~ our absolute favorite playground in OC.
19. Go to The Reptile Zoo and meet prehistoric pets in Fountain Valley. You just gotta see ’em to believe ’em!
20. Make your “day off” a “day on” by celebrating the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. with a day of meaningful service. Click here for a list of volunteer opportunities on OneOC.
Have a wonderful day everyone! For a very comprehensive list of things to do in OC, visit www.PlanADayOut.com.