Leprechaun Trap Idea: The Rainbow Restaurant

This was our first year given the school assignment to build a leprechaun trap and was a project where the whole family got involved.

We came up with the idea to make it into a restaurant called the Rainbow Restaurant, serving all you can eat Lucky Charms. What leprechaun could resist that kind of a joint, right?!

We made it out of materials we already had around the house, the only thing we had to buy was a box of Lucky Charms. Bonus!

Inside, there is a table with a big bowl of cereal. The mini spoon in the bowl has a a string on it rigged to the roof and a paper cup, so when the little leprechaun takes his first bite and raises the spoon, the cup drops down on him.

My husband thought of that one. He’s a smart one, I tell you.

I have to say I was sort of not looking forward to this project, but it actually made for a really fun Saturday project where even little sister could be involved.

On Sunday night, my daughter, said, “Mom, I love my leprechaun trap so much I can’t stop thinking about it.”

Cute how it’s the little things that are so fun at this age. And it makes a project that took the better part of a Saturday all worth it!

Did any of you out there make leprechaun traps this year? Any ideas to share?

Susanne says:

That is ABSOLUTELY adorable. I love how into it you guys got! We painted + decorated little boxes and glittery chinese food boxes at a friends house and filled them with candy + lucky charms. Lyla has been showing hers to everyone!

Anne says:

Ok, I can’t even find words for this! This is so beyond awesome! Coolest trap I’ve ever seen. If I was a leprechaun, I would WANT to be trapped in there! I’d move in ­čÖé

melanie says:

My daughter made a “swing” in a shoe box, lured by a chocolate gold coin. So when the swing swings forward the box falls down.

Tiffany H. says:

Such a cute idea! Will remember your restaurant idea if we need to make anymore leprechaun traps.

Thanks for the comments! It was so much fun!

TK says:

How cute!!! Ours is not nearly as fancy but quite proud that he came up with his ideas all on his own – a shoe box closing down when the leprachaun reaches for a gold coin attached to a golden pouch (using dental floss and tinkertoys, LOL). Really quite cute in a 1st grade kind of way! LOL!!!

Mary says:

My 8 yr old daughter Jessica searched for leprechaun traps and found your idea. She loved it and wants to make this. It’s due Mar 14 2014 as a school project! I will try to send you a pic when it’s done! Thanks

Mary – Fun! Send me a pic! Or post to our FB page, http://www.facebook.com/tinyoranges or tag @tinyorangesoc on Instagram!!