Love is in the Details
Friday November 1, 2013see more by jen
This post is written by the fabulously talented local photographer, Kristin Eldridge, featuring her favorite accessories for photo shoots.
How to Accessorize for your Family Photo
by Kristin Eldridge, Southern California family photographer
Love is in the details. And when it comes to a family photo, the details can take a photo from good to great!
I generally guide my clients to choose two main colors and mix and match within that color palette. But, what really makes a the outfits special are the accessories. I’ve put together a list of favorite accessories for photo shoots.
Of course, you don’t need to throw them ALL into your ensemble, but a few key pieces will make all the difference!
1. Suspenders. Girls don’t get to have all the fun! Adding these to your little guy’s simple outfit gives it that POP!
2. Belts. For boys or girls, moms or dads, an interesting belt polishes off the outfit.
3. Leggings. These can be in a pattern or just a fun color. And tights work the same way! It’s just that extra little step!
4. Fun shoes! Colored converse are an easy way for boys to accessorizes, but for girls the sky’s the limit. Use your footwear to tie in an accent color.
5. Bow ties. J Crew is my favorite place to shop for kids’ accessories and their bow tie selection is unbeatable.
6. Statement necklaces. This is for moms and it can be as simple as what’s pictured to a full blown STATEMENT! What matters is tying in a fun color and accenting a simple top.
7. Hair accessories. You don’t have to be wearing a headband with a big flower to use hair accessories. These simple pins from Anthropolgie would be perfect accent pieces!
8. Scarfs. A scarf can work just like a statement necklace. Just wear a solid top and add a patterned scarf to punch up the color.
Taking just a few of these favorite accessories for photo shoots can really add an extra element of interest to the photo. Here’s an example of a family rocking a few of the accessories mentioned above. It’s casually perfect!
Disclosure: Kristin Eldridge is a longtime Tiny Oranges partner