With Valentine’s Day about a month away, I’m already brainstorming fun projects to do with my kids – especially since this year, we will be giving homemade gifts to teachers, grandparents, and of course, friends and classmates. So, here is a cute Valentine’s Day craft for little ones – the first of of many we will be making over the next few weeks.
I’m known for many things…but being super “arts and crafty” is not one of them – ha ha! I’m all about easy (and cute!) crafts to make with my munchkins. Who’s with me?!
That’s why I love this project- and so do my kids. One of our favorite quotes to say to each other is, “I love you to the moon and back.” So I thought, why not make this into an easy craft for the kiddos?
– Red and yellow construction paper (pink too, if you want)
– A piece of white construction or blank computer paper
– A marker (I used black, but the color is up to you) and a pencil
– A glue stick or Elmer’s glue
– Valentine’s stickers are optional
– A 8×10 picture frame (The Dollar Store, Target or Walmart has some nice frames for relatively inexpensive) – I picked a black frame, but the color is your choice.
I Love You to the Moon and Back Tear Art Craft
1. Cut your piece of white background paper to fit the size of your frame. Then, write the “I,” in marker (or “We” if you’re talking about multiple kiddos), then trace a heart shape with the pencil. (Keep in mind, your older children can do the writing. I was writing to help my three-year-old.)
2. Next line – with your marker, write “you to the”
3. Third line, trace a crescent moon shape with your pencil.
4. Fourth line, write “and back!” with your marker.
5. Now, have your kiddo tear the red (and/or pink) construction paper into tiny pieces for the heart (bonus – work those fine motor skills!). Same goes for the yellow construction paper for the moon.
6. Then have your child smear their glue stick in the traced heart and moon shape, and have them glue their tiny colored pieces inside the shapes.
7. If your kids want, have them add heart stickers…or any Valentine stickers you have on hand, to beautify or bedazzle the finished product!
8. Slip it into your chosen picture frame, and voila! A cute, simple Valentine’s Day gift!
What are your favorite Valentine’s Day crafts to make?
Any cute homemade gift ideas? Please share below!