Susanne and I flipped when we clicked on this website. You will too, guarantee it. Plan a Day Out [www.PlanADayOut.com] is a FREE resource for families filled with a gazillion OC outing ideas and activities for kids.
On the site, you can easily find tons of fun things to do with kids in Orange County based on distance from your address and other parameters you can enter into your search.
I played around on the site recently to find ideas for my family and was floored at the result. I entered the date (Sunday) and a willingness to drive 20 miles from my home and was given a list of 109 activities that we could do that day. Yes, 109.
Once the search results appear, you can then narrow down your search by the following filters in the left column:
* Category: Museums, arts and crafts, inflatable fun? There is a long list of activity categories to choose from.
* Total Cost of Admission: On a budget? You can filter to show completely free activities (there are over 100!) or put in a max total cost you want to spend for your group, and the results will show only those activities in your budget. Please note the total cost of admission will actually be calculated for you in the results!
* Ages: Filter to show those activities suitable for your youngest, oldest or for the whole family.
* Time of Day: Are you a stay-at-home mom looking for a fun Tuesday morning outing or a working mom looking for something to do with your kids after work now that daylight savings time is here? Plan a Day Out has you covered because you can filter results to show daytime activities, after-school activities (after 3pm), and evening activities (after 5pm).
* Weather: Need a rainy day outing or something to do on a gorgeous OC day? Filter your results to show only indoor or outdoor activities.
Once you have your options narrowed down, you can click on the activities and it will display more details like hours of operation, address including a link you can click for driving directions, admission cost per person, contact info and any other events coming up at that location.
It is AMAZING!!!!!
The site is one of the coolest discoveries of my life as a OC mom thus far! I especially love that it is the brainchild of a fellow OC mom in search of an easy place to search for activities for her family. I love moms, they truly have the BEST ideas. Please share this one with your mommy friends. They will thank you!
www.PlanADayOut.com * Follow on Facebook
[Disclosure: Plan a Day Out is a Tiny Oranges Sponsor. Check out their cute purple tile (lower right column) anytime you need an activity idea! We are thrilled to be working with them to help spread the word about their awesome company!]