Easy Recipe: Rigatoni Barese
Thursday January 15, 2009see more by jen
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 pound mild Italian sausage
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
6 cups torn fresh spinach
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
16 oz. rigatoni pasta
Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Remove casings from sausage and cook, stirring until crumbled and lightly browned. Drain and set aside in a bowl.
3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste to the pan and cook until garlic just starts to brown.
4. Stir in spinach and basil, and cook just until spinach wilts slightly. Add tomatoes and simmer until spinach is cooked.
5. Add cooked sausage and stir to combine.
6. Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain.
7. Add to the sauce and stir to combine.
8. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Hey mamas! Got an easy recipe to share? Email me at email@example.com. Thanks!