How many of you don’t feel completely effective as a parent at times? ME!
How many of you have ever wished you had someone tell you what to do when faced with a challenging situation with your kids? ME!
How many of you have had behavioral issues with your kids and feel like you have tried everything but nothing has worked? ME!
How many of you have read parenting books or taken seminars only to find that while great in concept, when transferred into real life, were completely unrealistic? ME!
For all those reasons above, I am thrilled to share with you a local parenting seminar offered through Parenting Classes OC. This 8 or 10 week program in Orange County teaches parents, grandparents or caregivers Parent Effectiveness Training.
In the class you will learn how to:
1) Talk to children so they will listen and change unacceptable behavior.
2) Reduce stress, power struggles, and resentment.
3) Actively listen to your child so they feel understood and able to solve their own problems.
4) Resolve conflicts successfully so children will continue open communication into their teens and adulthood.
SIGN ME UP. Seriously! Plus, Tiny Oranges readers will receive $25 off tuition! Yay!
The next OC classes offered will be:
Tuesdays, starting February 7th through April 10th (10 sessions) from 11:30am – 1:30pm at Move it Momma Fitness in Huntington Beach. Childcare is available for $10 per session if needed.
Thursdays, February 9th through March 29th (8 sessions) from 6:30pm – 9:30pm in Irvine.
And, for my South Bay mamas:
Wednesdays, February 8th through March 28th (8 sessions) from 6:30 – 9:30pm in Redondo Beach.
The class is taught in a small group setting by Meike Lemmens, a certified Parent Effectiveness Training Instructor with a B.A. in Psychology and M.A. in Communications from the University of Amsterdam, Netherlands. Meike is also a parenting expert featured on KDOC-TV. You can click here to watch her recent feature on “Problem Solving Skills for Kids.”
I had the opportunity to chat with Meike on the phone and she told me the classes are taught in a safe and nurturing environment, where parents learn new communication skills including when and how to use these skills.
Most parents that participate in the course are those with little ones six and younger, but the skills can apply to any age, up through teenagers.
The best part about the program is that you can take the skills learned each week, try them at home, and then come back the next week to share your successes and challenges. You then also have the opportunity to ask specific questions using real life examples.
I think the program sounds incredible and she had me so interested when I hung up I told her I thought I needed to register to take her class myself!
Visit www.ParentingClassesOC.com for more information and to register for the upcoming session.
Specials to note:
* Tiny Oranges readers will receive $25 off tuition for the course. “Like” the ParentingClassesOC.com Facebook page and simply post your biggest parenting challenge so you can join the conversation and stay up to date on their courses and tips! Tell them Tiny Oranges sent ‘ya! Then, when you register, select the first option listed.
* First 10 participants to sign up and pay for their February session will be entered to win 1 free hour of in-home parent coaching. Click here for more information on their one-on-one parent coaching programs.
* First 5 to pay online for the Huntington Beach session will get Free Childcare for the first session.
[Disclosure: This is a Sponsored Post to help spread the word about their upcoming session, so happy to be able to tell you about it. I know there have been times when I wished I would have known about a class like this!]