Find Orange County Contractors Easily
Wednesday January 23, 2013see more by susanne
When HomeBidsOnline owner John Rowan and his family recently relocated from Portland to So Cal, they realized they needed to make some changes to their new home to make it their own. Filled with enthusiasm, they began looking for a contractor for their home improvements and searched for ways to find Orange County contractors easily.
Watching his work-from-home wife become extremely frustrated by the stress of meeting with multiple contractors (and often their lack of punctuality) he decided there had to be a better way to find Orange County contractors to bid on their job without the hassle of meeting with each one personally.
With 30 years experience in the construction business, John thought to himself, “What if I could take the measurements and lay out the specs for the job one time, and then take the whole process online where different contractors could submit bids on the job?”
Which is exactly what he did when he created www.HomeBidsOnline.com!
Here’s how it works:
– Tell HomeBidsOnline about the home project you need done (all size jobs welcome)
– At a time that is convenient to you, a professional HomeBidsOnline representative will come to your home, take detailed laser measurements, high res photos, video, and job-specific notes on anything you would want to tell a contractor bidding on the job.
– They build your HomeBidsOnline profile with details about your project.
– You send it to any builder or they find one for you.
– You sit back and watch the bids from licensed, bonded and insured contractors roll in all through their site so you don’t have to use your personal email to track the communication.
When contractors compete – the homeowner gets the best deal and you get all of this for FREE!
HomeBidsOnline has been a big success with busy Moms like John’s wife who just don’t want to deal with a bunch of different people traipsing through their home taking the same set of measurements as the last guy. The business is also popular with older people, who can often be afraid of being taken advantage of.
Furthermore, John knows the industry and will be the first one to tell you if a bid comes in too high. Or he’ll be sure you notice that a contractor’s timeline doesn’t match up with yours.
On the flip side, contractors are seeing the benefit in taking the process online as it saves a lot of their time and money driving all around for a job they might get.
The way the economy has been over the past few years many families are deciding to stay put in a home they might not have imagined staying in long term. And I don’t know about you, but the longer I stay in one place the more I get big ideas of how I could tweak this, or maybe move that wall, or create a built in there…
It’s nice to know when the time is right we’ll have John Rowan and HomeBidsOnline in our corner.
Here’s a video with more info about how Home Bids Online works:
(HomeBidsOnline is a Tiny Oranges Sponsor- we love sharing new ways to help make our Mommas lives easier!)