Local Love: Oh Yes It’s Ladies Night…
Friday February 6, 2015see more by christy
Moms’ Night Out is sacred. And, my husband knows it! I love my mama friends, and so look forward to a night out once in awhile. It’s the best, isn’t it?? Today, I’d like to share some fun Moms Night Out ideas in OC, and would love to hear yours!
Just recently, my MOMS Club made reservations at The Melting Pot, one of my favorite fondue restaurants.
I was so jealous I couldn’t go (mama duty called for a meeting at school), but what a great idea! I love The Melting Pot in Irvine…perfect for specialty cocktails, cheese and chocolate parties, or the complete two-hour, full course fondue feast. A great way to unwind with your girlfriends, and so yummy!
Cineopolis – Movies and Cocktails
I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I love, love, love the Cineopolis movie theater.
They have them in several locations, but my favorite is in Laguna Niguel. You pick your movie in advance, pick your seats in advance (make sure to coordinate with your friends!), and go enjoy your movie in big, plush, reclining seats, complete with cocktail and food service during the movie. Last time, I had a Lemon Drop and sweet potato fries (could there be anything better?!), and it was a-mazing. Love this place!
Bowling, beers, laser lights, and music. This is a great and casual way to have a fun night out with your mama friends. Check out these local bowling places, and look at their websites for any special upcoming events or theme nights.
My MOMS Club just scheduled a “Paint Night” on the calendar, and I am SO excited to go! (And yes, I have an awesome MOMS Club who loves to plan a MNO each month!). I’m sure you’ve heard of this – you get to learn to paint something gorgeous (and somewhat professional looking!), and have a cocktail while you’re doing it. Yes and yes.
Check out paintnite.com – since there are events all over the county in different locations, look up what work best for you and your friends. And don’t worry, you don’t have to be a great artist to participate – all levels are welcome!
Another Tiny Oranges’ favorite is local artist, Timree, who has locations in Newport Beach and Tustin. If you have enough ladies, you can also book a private party.
What a great way to unwind and enjoy an evening of laughter with friends. Check out the Irvine Improv, and look for any upcoming shows that catch your fancy. Also be on the lookout for great deals on sites like Groupon and Living Social – there always seems to be some pretty cool comedy events and discounts available.
Dust off your Roller Skates
What about going old school? I’ve never been, but I think it would be so fun to have a Mom’s Night Out at a skate rink for something different. (I’m picturing 80s night, mamas.) Check out Holiday Skate Center in Orange – it looks like they have lots of fun themed events.
Still need some inspiration? How about…
– Using Open Table to find an awesome (and available) restaurant for dinner (or just cocktails!), and make quick and easy reservations for you and your mama friends.
– In a book club? Or want to start one? This is a really fun, chill way to enjoy a girl’s night in…best part is you can show up in your yoga pants. Rotate houses among your group, or meet at a coffee shop.
– If you’re okay with an earlier evening (and let’s be honest – sometimes, 5:30 sounds A-okay to start the “night” out), pick a place for Happy Hour. Great prices and an early start.
– Manis and pedis are always good. Doesn’t matter the time of day or evening!
And, what about a Mom’s Morning Out?
If it’s not feasible to go out during the evening, why not plan a weekend Mom’s Morning Out? Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling…
– Pick a fun place for a champagne brunch. Don’t you remember enjoying these before kids? Just make sure to Uber or have your hubby come pick you up, if needed!
– Pick a beach city (think Laguna, Newport, Corona del Mar, Huntington, etc.), meet up with your girlfriends, and stroll through all the cute little shops. Have a nice cup of coffee or stop by at a little restaurant that looks good.
– How about taking a fitness or yoga class together, go for a walk or jog along the beach, or take a beautiful hike.
– Want to indulge a little? Book a treatment at a day spa. After your facial or massage, enjoy the amenities of the spa and make a whole morning of it with your mama friends. Doesn’t that sound like bliss?
Where are some of your favorite places to have a mom’s night (or morning!) out? Does anyone have a favorite karaoke place?
Share below, so we can accumulate a great go-to list!