Hello! I am so happy you’re here! I love my readers and your visit is making my entire day. Seriously! Thank you.
My name is Jen and I am a wife and mom of two spunky little girls. I love blogging about family life in OC and my favorite finds for moms.
I am passionate about making Tiny Oranges a welcoming place full of juicy ideas, sweet deals, local scoop and a trusted resource full of the best & brightest family-friendly companies Orange County has to offer. LEARN MORE ….
[photos by kristin eldridge]
So I am the mom behind this mom blog.
Most people call me Jen, but I answer to both, just not Jenny. I love the name, I just have never been a Jenny. My mom named me Jennifer back in 1974 (along with millions of other mothers in the ‘70’s) to call me Jenny. When I was three I announced that my name was JENNIFER, and that was the end of being called Jenny. And I wonder where my daughter gets her opinions…
Speaking of daughters, I have two. Emma is twelve and Morgan is nine. Completely different, equally spirited and the center of my entire universe. Love those girls something crazy.
Speaking of love, I am a wife of 17 years this fall, to my amazing husband and partner in this crazy thing called parenthood. I hit the husband jackpot and I tell him every day. I wrote about him here.
When I became a mom for the first time in 2006, I felt like there was a whole world in OC I never knew existed. Most of my friends were new moms too, and I found that as we learned more, we would all share our finds and favorite things. It’s like we had all joined a new club and passed around tips and secrets. And I loved it.
It was in the spring of 2008, and the launch of my friend’s blog, The Wedding Chicks, that planted a little (orange) seed in my head. I thought, “I wish I could start a blog for OC moms” and one of the Chicks, said, “Why don’t you?” So I did!
I hope you make Tiny Oranges a daily stop over your morning coffee for a little info, inspiration and maybe a few laughs along the way. Or better yet, visit us over a glass of Chardonnay in the evening after the kids go down and no one is screaming at you for a snack. That sounds like more fun. I digress…
I urge you to please also subscribe via email so you don’t miss a post and special offers! You won’t be annoyed with the emails, promise. Your email is sacred to me. And if you are, you can unsubscribe anytime, no hard feelings.
This blog is for YOU and I am so glad you are here. I welcome your ideas, cherish your comments, and hope you will join our family tree over at www.facebook.com/TinyOranges and join the daily conversations. You can also find me tweeting away as @TinyOrangesOC.
Want to chat? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
1. I met my husband at Malarky’s bar in 1998. It was love at first sight. I spoke to him first, so you could say I picked him up in a bar. We have never been apart since that first night we met.
2. I hate to cook, but I am trying.
3. I was a UCSB Gaucho. Some say it is a party school. It was. And a really fun one too, I might add!
4. My oldest daughter nicknamed her little sister “Sweet” when she was about 7 months. It stuck, so she is known as “Sweet” to us. When she is not acting “sweet” I think it is particularly funny.
5. In 2010 I had a Momlife crisis and started running for the first time in my life. Within one year I did 3 half marathons. I still look back and think, “What the heck?”
6. My husband and I love to play cribbage. I grew up playing it, and when I met him and found out he knew how, I had to marry him. Cribbage players are hard to find.
7. I secretly really wanted two girls and I got them. I love calling them “my girls.”
8. I was a wedding planner for 6 years and coordinated over 100 weddings. 99% of the brides were amazing. The 1% ended my career.
9. I forced myself to learn Photoshop one afternoon with a “Photoshop for Dummies” book so I could do the graphics on my blog posts. I almost cried with frustration. But the dummy persevered.
10. Give me an hour to myself, a glass of wine and a People Magazine and I am one happy camper.
[photos by kristineldridge.com]
As far as housewives go, I don’t feel desperate or real so much as fortunate! I’m a loving dedicated mommy to my adorable girls, Sadie (4.5) and Lyla (2.5) & doting wife to my wonderful husband, Mike.
I’m a people person, a foodie, a shopper, a runner and a bit of a planner. Love love love planning fun outings for our kiddos with friends and family! My family and I adore living in Orange County and try to embrace all it has to offer. There are so many amazing beaches, parks, restaurants, activities and businesses we love exploring!
Which is why I was drawn to Tiny Oranges and was THRILLED when I saw Jen’s “Help Wanted” post. I couldn’t be more excited to be joining Team Tiny Oranges. To be a part of an important OC resource like this is a dream!
1. My nickname in high school was Scooby. Yup, like Scooby Dooby Doo.
2. I worked at Al & Mo’s Deli in High School and created a sandwich which they named “The Scooby”. (A hot sando on a fresh baked french roll, mayo, Boars Head turkey and pastrami, melted provolone, topped with onion, lettuce tomato and pickle – DELISH!)
3. I’m a rollerskater. Haven’t gone in many years, but my suede skates are still in the back of my closet.
4. Love playing the toy grabber claw thingy at arcades and kid lands. I mean LOVE it!
5. I left my heart in San Francisco.
6. Will go to Yountville, CA and dine at the French Laundry for my 40th birthday. I hope my husband is reading and knows I’m serious about this.
7. I have a fascination with finding bargains and then sharing with everyone I see what a great deal I scored.
8. I’m a culinary school graduate and used to work as a Personal Chef.
9. Recently, I have become a runner – I’ve got 3 half marathons under my belt and I’m absolutely addicted to it.
10. As a kid I never had a TV in my room and read myself to sleep every night. Now it takes a REALLY good book to take me away from my reality TV.
Want to chat? Email me at email@example.com!