Friday July 25, 2008
My daughter and I were out and about one morning and stopped into Pomme Bebe in Newport Beach to check it out. It is not really a restaurant per say, but more of a swanky “tasting bar” complete with colorful space-age high chairs for the tiniest of patrons! She pulled up a stool and placed her order. Turkey meatballs, straight up, please. The coolest thing about Pomme Bebe is that your baby or toddler can taste the food before purchasing. During your visit, you can enjoy the loungey play area with European style toys and colorful ottomans. I loved the decor, and I love the philosophy behind this company. Totally fresh, organic foods for little ones, packaged in environmentally friendly containers. Make sure to try the chicken nuggets cut into fun shapes like giraffes and stars. Your little one won’t miss the fried, breaded outer layer and it will make YOU feel good to serve chicken nuggets that are truly healthy!
Place your order online or by phone for home delivery or easy curbside pick-up. Bon appetit little pomme bebes!
Thursday July 24, 2008
We recently got this booster and we love it! We were using a travel high chair, but the hard plastic was damaging our leather chairs, and this was the perfect answer. She is way more comfy in it and it is not cumbersome to move around. There is no safety strap to secure it to the chair, so it is for older toddlers that can sit (fairly) still. Visit Baby Smart USA for more info and where you can buy it. We picked ours up at Babies R Us. At $36 it is not cheap, but we figure we will get a lot of use out of it.
I will admit it. I am a stationery fanatic. There is nothing I love more than writing on a personalized note card or receiving some sort of deliciously cute piece in the mail. That being said, I MUST introduce you to my new love, Erin Condren. With her bright colors and happy designs, her personalized stationery makes a great gift (or a gift for yourself!) One of my favorites are her gift label stickers – such a cute, fun way to personalize a gift and you don’t have to attach a separate card (saving time!) My favorite gift label saying goes, “Just a little something from…(and you fill in with your names)” I also love her personalized note cards to give as a gift for new babies. What new little one doesn’t deserve their first darling stationery flaunting their new name? And, you know it will make the tired mommy that much happier when writing those million “thank you’s!” You have to check out this site, it will make you happy just visiting it. After all, their motto is: “Make everyday a happy day!”
And, know what is going to make you REALLY happy? Erin Condren is offering $20 off your next order of $100 or more for Tiny Oranges readers!!!!! When checking out, enter TINYORANGES in the gift vouchers/discount coupon box, and click “redeem” and $20 will be taken off your order! Thanks to Erin and her amazing team! Happy shopping!
Sunday July 20, 2008
This was one of the best ideas I have ever heard! I was recently perusing the American Baby magazine and there was a section on “Pregnancy Pick-Me-Ups” where moms wrote in with their ideas. One mom set up an email account for her baby-on-the-way and would write emails to her throughout her pregnancy about how she was feeling and what was going on in their lives to get ready for her arrival. As her kids were born, she kept writing to them as they grew up with stories or just quick notes to express her feelings about them.
I have wanted to be more diligent about recording my daughter’s development during these early years, but often times life has gotten so hectic, I have not done the best job. However, writing emails is something to me that is easy! I am setting up an account for my daughter, and am planning on writing her often about what she is doing and things I will want to remember…funny things she has said, little milestones, special moments, etc. I was super excited about this idea and wanted to share!
Friday July 11, 2008
1 lb of large shrimp (the frozen bag from Trader Joe’s are yummy and EASY)
Small tin of diced green chilies
Head of lettuce
1 White Onion
Hot Sauce or Salsa
1 bag of Corn Tortillas
1 x packet of Taco Seasoning
1 Ripe avocado
1. Sauté the shrimp in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil, when cooked add in the tin of diced green chilies
2. Add about 1/2 the packet of the seasoning mix
3. Take the head of lettuce and cut in half and then cut the lettuce into really thin slivers
4. Cut the onion into thin slices also
5. Cut the limes into small wedges
6. In another skillet heat about a cup of canola oil until very hot. You can test if it is ready by putting the edge of a tortilla into the oil. If it immediately bubbles, you are good to go.
7. Take a corn tortilla and place into the hot oil. It will start bubbling. Then take some kitchen tongs and fold it in half and cook until it starts to get a little bit brown and crispy looking (you can do two tortillas at a time). In a colander put some paper towels and as each tortilla is ready stand them up in the colander to drain.
8. When they are done, take a tortilla shell and in the bottom place a layer of shrimp, then a layer of cheese, then lettuce, then onion, then sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of hot sauce or salsa and add some salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime.
9. Serve with Mexican rice and beans if desired (oh, yeah, and a margarita too!)