Happy February 29th! I couldn’t let the day pass without some sort of mention! I mean, days like this only come around, like what, every 4 years?! Hee hee…I was going to do a post on where leap day came from, but it actually isn’t that interesting, so I thought, hmmm…how about a post on 29 fun things to do with kids in OC? Got to get my 29 in there somehow!
So I got out a notebook and scribbled out 29 ideas off the top of my head in less than 5 minutes. Goes to show you there truly is no better place to live with kids than Orange County!
There are many more – would love your opinions – comment below!
Here are mine (in no particular order):
1. Disneyland – Given.
2. SoCo Farmers’ Market – Saturdays 9am – 2pm in Costa Mesa
3. Discovery Science Center – Hands on interactive children’s museum in Santa Ana
4. OC Great Park and Balloon Ride – Irvine
5. Bluebird Park – Our favorite park in OC in Laguna Beach
6. Bowers Kidseum – Children’s cultural museum in Santa Ana
9. Pretend City – Amazing children’s museum in Irvine
10. Frogg’s Bounce House – Open jump times every day in Fountain Valley
11. Bowlmor – Bowling at The District Tustin
12. Irvine Terrace Park – Second OC favorite in Corona del Mar
13. Zoomars Petting Zoo – San Juan Capistrano
14. Irvine Spectrum – Great shopping and fabulous carousel, train rides and ferris wheel rides for kids in Irvine
15. Peter and Mary Muth Interpretive Center – Amazing (FREE) nature center in Newport Back Bay
16. Duffy Boat Ride – Newport Beach
17. Strand Vista Park – Dana Point
19. Centennial Farm – Costa Mesa Fairgrounds
21. Old Towne Orange
23. Santa Ana Zoo – Small + cute!
24. Crystal Cove Beach Cottages / Tide Pools – Crystal Cove State Park
25. Atlantis Play Center – Garden Grove
26. Kellogg House at Heritage Museum of Orange County – Santa Ana
27. Jump Sky High – Trampoline place in Costa Mesa
28. Huntington Beach Public Library – Fabulous kids’ section + story times
29. Environmental Nature Center (ENC) – Newport Beach