I take a Mommy & Me class with my youngest at our preschool and they have seriously the BEST play dough I have ever experienced! The secret ingredient is peppermint extract that makes the play dough smell minty and lovely! It is such a hit with the moms and kids, that the teacher gave us her recipe along with a great holiday gift idea for little ones.
This was my first attempt at making my own play dough, and I have to say it was very easy and so fun!
Peppermint Play Dough Recipe:
* 2 Cups White Flour
* Liquid Water Color or Food Coloring (as much as needed to get the color you want)
* 1/2 Cup Salt
* 3 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar (This was hard to find, I never saw it before. It was in the area with the salt and looks like baking powder.)
* 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
* 1 Tablespoon Peppermint Extract (Optional – but this is what makes it smell SO good!)
Ready, set, make!
1. Mix flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large bowl with a whisk.
2. Add 2 cups of water and your coloring of choice to get desired color.
3. Mix well with a wisk.
4. Add vegetable oil and peppermint extract.
5. Mix well with a wisk, then stir/smooth batter with a soft spoon or spatula.